Stand with Bob
- Fight to keep good jobs in the USA, increase wages, and secure benefits.
- Protect older Americans. Prevent privatization of Social Security and Medicare.
- Defend all Americans from unfair and deceptive Wall Street practices.
- Reduce healthcare costs by decreasing insurance premiums, deductibles, co-pays, and prescription drug prices.
- Safeguard all women’s rights, from equal pay to healthcare privacy and freedom.
- Ensure all our young people have access to affordable higher education and are able enter the workforce without crushing debt.
- Strengthen the Clean Air and Clean Water Acts. Protect district water rights.
- Tackle climate change.
Every American deserves clean fresh air. Without current clean air standards, our lifespans would be much shorter, and many of us would spend time in local Emergency Rooms with respiratory problems.read more
At the University of California, in-state tuition is over $15,000/year. Living costs, books and other expenses add another $15,000. That is $30,000 a year!read more
I respect the constitution and the rights of gun owners, but as a civilized nation we should feel safe from being gunned down whether we walk in our neighborhoods, attend school, or join friends at large events…read more
Household chemicals and chemical substances in toys and kitchen utensils can cause long-term harmful effects.read more
If Medicare changes to a voucher system, you loose your freedom to choose your doctor. Here is how it works…read more
The current issue of Consumer Reports highlights runaway prescription drug prices in an 8 page investigative report (August 2016). As a physician I have witnessed a steady rise in prices over the years, making it impossible for some of my patients to afford even basic medications let alone, life saving drugs.read more
Women’s Wages in our district are at the bottom of California’s 53 Congressional Districts. Our District, California District 4, ranks 46th out of 53 in wage disparity. Translated, women in our district on average make 76.7 cents compared with every dollar men make for the very same job. Below even the national average.read more
By now, most of you have heard about the Zika virus and its devastating effects on babies born to women who became infected during pregnancy. Just recently, a death related to the Zika virus has been reported in Puerto Rico, and we are hearing of complications in adults infected with Zika such as internal bleeding and a possible connection to higher rates of polio-like Guillain Barre syndrome.read more
Tom McClintock, my opponent for US Congress representing California’s 4th District, and I disagree on many issues, including the cause of global climate change.read more
Republicans made it clear, they plan to repeal the law passed in 2010, called the Dodd-Frank act, that safeguards against another great recession or even depression. It also created the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau, championed by Elizabeth Warren.read more